Rubifen(Methylphenidate HCI) 20mg
What is Rubifen
Treating attention deficit disorders. It is also used to treat uncontrollable periods of daytime sleep (narcolepsy). It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.
Rubifen is a central nervous system stimulant. Exactly how it works is not known.
Important safety information:
- Rubifen may cause drowsiness, dizziness, or blurred vision. These effects may be worse if you take it with alcohol or certain medicines. Use Rubifen with caution. Do not drive or perform other possibly unsafe tasks until you know how you react to it.
- Do NOT take more than the recommended dose without checking with your doctor.
- If you are taking Rubifen for an attention deficit disorder, it should be used as a part of a treatment program that includes a variety of treatment measures.
- If your condition does not get better within 1 month or if it gets worse, check with your doctor.
- Serious effects, including heart attack, stroke, and sudden death, have occurred with the use of stimulant medicines in patients with heart defects or other serious heart problems. If you have a heart defect or another serious problem, talk with your doctor about other therapies to treat your condition.
- Rubifen may cause a prolonged (more than 4 hours) or painful erection. This could happen even when you are not having sex. If this is not treated right away, it could lead to permanent sexual problems such as impotence. Contact your doctor right away if this happens.
- Rubifen may cause circulation problems in the hands and feet. Tell your doctor if you have any numbness, pain, tingling, cold feeling, or skin color change (eg, from pale to blue or red) in your hands or feet. Call your doctor right away if you have any unexplained sores or wounds on your fingers or toes.
- Tell your doctor or dentist that you take Rubifen before you receive any medical or dental care, emergency care, or surgery.
- Before you start any new medicine, check the label to see if it has a decongestant in it. If it does or if you are not sure, check with your doctor or pharmacist.
- Lab tests, including blood pressure, heart function, complete blood cell counts, and platelet counts, may be performed while you use Rubifen. These tests may be used to monitor your condition or check for side effects. Be sure to keep all doctor and lab appointments.